9.6.13

Be a squirrel with me

“So yeah, this is it, and...I wanted to ask, if. If I kept it, would you...would you wanna live here with me? Like the squirrels?” Louis asks, adorable and scared.

“I.” Harry struggles, unsure. Because while it may literally be his dreams come true, he has to consider the fact that this means moving out of his childhood home, which is his safety net, and telling his mother that he’s running away to a cabin in the woods with a strange boy she doesn't seem to quite approve of, and it also means growing up, and when the world treats you like a child all your life, even at the age of nineteen, that’s a very scary thing to do.

(...)

“Do you think maybe this could be a thing? Us living here together? Cause, Harry, I’m so sorry if this makes you panic, but there’s nothing I want more than to just disappear out here with you, for as long as possible, forever, preferably.”

“That, of all things, would never make me panic.” Harry smiles. “But, it’s just, it’s a lot, you know? My mum...would be so angry.”

“So what, though? That woman doesn't control your life, Harry. You’re nineteen, you can make your own choices, you are not an invalid. I know everyone treats you that way, but it doesn't mean you are.” Louis tells him, taking both hands in his. There’s a new scrape across a few of his knuckles, and Harry wonders who he hit, hopes it’s no one, then hopes it’s his father.

“It feels like it.” Harry sighs.

“But look at you. You’re right here making this decision with me. I don't mean that in the way of, like, you’ve decided to live here with me. I mean it in the sense of, like, you’re sitting here, perfectly capable of making your own choices, and that’s exactly what you’re gonna do. Whatever your choice is, I’ll be okay with it, I just. I just thought maybe this could be ours. Always said we wanted to stay out here away from everyone, right?” Louis clarifies, hopeful lilt to his voice.

Harry nods, hooking their thumbs. “Yeah. We did. I just, I dunno. I dunno.” He groans, shutting his eyes and biting his lip. “God, why is everything so fucking hard.”

“Because the world’s a shit place.” Louis answers. “And that’s why I thought this would be a good idea, because you said it isn’t as hard when you’re with me, right? When you’re away from people? I just, I dunno, Harry. I just want you to be happy. That’s all I want. What would make you happy?”

Harry counts his breathing and feels Louis press a kiss to his fringe. He looks up with damp eyes and sniffs. “This.”

“So why not?” Louis asks again, bouncing up to straddle his waist, cupping his cheeks and bumping their noses eskimo style. “Why not, Harry? Fuck our stupid families, and all the rest of the world. This is our happiness. Why should we give that up, just because you’re scared, and I’m angry? I don't think that’s fair.”

“It’s not.” Harry mumbles.

“So fuck it, Harry. Be a squirrel with me, be a dandelion fluff and go on an adventure, be the fly that gets away from the spider web. Be whatever you want, in the whole wide world, and be it with me.”

His eyes are shining and his lips are wet, and Harry lets this feeling consume him whole, finally just lets it all go and surrenders himself to what he wants.

“Okay.” He nods, because no one and nothing compares the the feeling in his chest when Louis is around him. “Okay, I’ll live here with you.”

This was the perfect little cute fanfic. And the perfect little cute part to describe my next year's life decision.
Should I play safe or should I go for the adventure?

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Deixa o teu Thought aqui ^^